This isn’t so much a recipe as it was just “throw things in a pan and cook” so, I apologize if the measurements are approximate at best… I just know it was super yummy and I’ll be making it a lot.Chicken Tomato Basil Soup 100g ground or chopped Chicken Breast 1 med-large vine ripe tomato 2 large garlic cloves, sliced 1 tsp dehydrated onion flakes 1/4tsp dried italian seasoning 1/8tsp chili flake salt & pepper to taste 3 leaves fresh basil, cut into ribbons 1)Pre-heat a non-stick skillet on medium for a few minutes and add chicken, flattening with spatula into one layer. 2) Sprinkle the dried herbs, chili & onion flake and salt & pepper onto the chicken while browning on one side. 3) Flip the chicken to the other side and allow to brown evenly. 4) Remove all seeds from the tomato and cut into large chunks. 5) Break up the chicken into smaller pieces and add the Tomato and garlic. 6) Add about 1/4c-1/2c water to help the tomato break down and simmer for 5-10 minutes. 7) Smash the tomato with the back of a spatula to break it down and continue to simmer until right consistency. 8) Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. 9) Turn off heat and fold in ribbons of basil to preserve color and fresh flavor.
Ok, so I can’t take all the credit for this recipe. I found it at HCG Diet Recipes Made Simple and made modifications to my liking. I hope you enjoy it… I know I’ll be using it on LOTS of things both in Phase 2 and out. The recipe on her site calls for cayenne and while I tried the recipe with it, it added a warmth that I don’t really like in my salad. I would definitely keep it in for a marinade or something. She also said it yields 8 servings but, I couldn’t get more than 4 and I probably would have been okay only splitting it 3 times but, doing 4 means you use 1 strawberry per serving which works out just great. ENJOY!Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette (4 servings) 4 strawberries, hulled and quartered 1 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar 1 Tbl Lemon Juice 2 Tbl Water 1 large or 2 small Basil leaves Stevia to taste Salt & Pepper to taste (optional- up to 1/4tsp cayenne pepper) 1) Place all ingredients except Stevia, Salt & Pepper into blender, or food processor and blend until smooth. (I used a large glass measuring cup and an immersion blender) 2) Taste vinaigrette and add Stevia, Salt & Pepper to taste. 3) Slather on Salad w/ remaining strawberry servings & Protein or use as a marinade or sauce on meats & ENJOY! (I also suspect that cooked down into a syrup this would be AMAZING on P3 friendly pancakes… maybe a little more Stevia and a little less acid… YUM!)
The measurements for the spices are approximate at best. I was just adding dashes of things here and there. You can always adjust the spices to your liking. I did miss the beans a little but, it was still plenty yummy. 🙂Phase 2 Friendly Chili 100g 97%lean Ground Beef 2 Medium sized Vine Ripe Tomatoes (I’m sure Roma would be just fine) About 1/8 tsp each of Dried Oregano, Chili Powder, Chipotle Chili Powder, Cayene Pepper, Cumin About 1/2 tsp each of: Dehydrated Chopped Garlic & Onion Water salt & pepper to taste 1) Brown Ground Beef in a pre-heated non-stick pan and season with salt & pepper. (pre-heating the pan will help keep the meat from sticking) 2) Seed both tomatoes (and peel if desired) and chop into large chunks, adding them to the meat. 3) Add about 1/4cup water and bring to boil, reduce to simmer. 4) Add spices, garlic and onion and simmer with the lid on 15-20 minutes. 5) Remove lid and increase to medium, cook until chili reaches desired thickness.
Meatballs and Fresh Tomato SauceMeatballs: 100g Lean Ground Beef (I use 96/4) 1 Grissini, pulverised (I use a food processor) 1-2 Tbl Cold Water Pinch Onion Powder Pinch Dehydrated Chopped Garlic or Garlic Powder S&P to taste Sauce: 3 Campari Tomatoes, Diced 1/4c Water 2-3 dashes italian seasoning Pinch Onion Powder Pinch Dehydrated Chopped Garlic or Garlic Powder Pinch Red Pepper Flake S&P to taste 1-2 drops Clear Stevia
1) Pre-heat non-stick pan over med-high heat.
2) Dump Grissini, water and seasonings for meatballs into a small bowl and allow to soak for about a minute.
3) Crumble meat into the crumb/seasoning mixture and gently mix with fingers just until combined. (Mixture should be loose and wet, add more cold water as needed for proper texture)
4) Loosely roll small meatballs and drop into pan until all meat is in the pan browning.
5) Dice all tomatoes while watching meatballs and turning until browned evenly on all sides.
6) Remove meatballs to side container.
7) Add all sauce ingredients to the same pan.
8) Allow tomatoes and spices to cook for 3-5minutes.
9) Use a potato master or back of spatula to break up tomatoes and add meatballs back to sauce, cooking covered for an additional 10-15minutes.
Asian Chicken Cabbage Rolls100g Chicken Breast with all skin and fat removed Diced (or ground chicken breast) 1 clove garlic, sliced 3 large cabbage leaves, steamed 1-2c Finely chopped cabbage 1/4c water 3-4 dashes Braggs Liquid Amminos to taste Pinch of Granulated Ginger Pinch of Onion Powder Salt & Pepper to taste
1) Heat a non-stick pan over med-high heat and add chicken, browning slightly until individual pieces separate when stirred.
2) Add garlic and cabbage and saute with chicken for 1-2minutes.
3) Add water and remaining seasonings and steam with the lid on for 2-4minutes.
4) Remove the lid and stir until liquid evaporates and turn off pan.
5) Lay out steamed cabbage leaves and fill with chicken mixture and roll like an egg roll. (Season wrapping leaves with S&P for additional flavor)